Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Sorrow

Like everyone, I have my dark moments.  This week a number of things happened that wreaked havoc on my emotions.  I’m not ready to write about all of them here, but I will tell you that they were aggravated by thoughts of personal losses (which we all have).  This year is the 20th anniversary of my mother’s death, the 10th anniversary of my father’s death and my brother would have been 50 on January 20th if he had not passed away in 1991 at only 35.  I also lost my first husband in 1970 when he was only 27.  They were all far too young to go.

While it’s ok to miss them, it’s not ok to still be angry.  I’ll confess that I still am angry though, in spite of strong faith and many, many other wonderful things in my life.  I miss their humor, their love, their counsel and their presence.  This is especially true when things go wrong because I counted on them and they on me.  Thank God for my husband and the rest of my family who support and love me unconditionally.

For those of you who have sustained losses and who sometimes feel the inevitable stinging touch of sorrow, I offer the following:

Sorrow

Sorrow comes creeping on padded paws;
waiting to spring her cruel surprise.

Sorrow comes calling and never knocks;
or whispers warning of the purpose she bears.

Sorrow comes raging like a rising flood;
drowns a mind and clinches a heart.

Sorrow comes sailing on blackened wings;
a storm cloud full of poisoned dreams.

Sorrow comes and Sorrow goes;
and Sorrow leaves her indelible mark.

Her shadow resides in the hearts of all;
in a chamber reserved for unspeakable truths.

Sorrows forever an unwelcome stranger;
in the realm of lightness, wonder and peace.

Paula J. Roberts
©1/18/2006
God bless and keep you and yours.  Lightness, wonder and peace next time!

rockingrama

No comments:

Beaitiful Floral Color in Tennessee

Beaitiful Floral Color in Tennessee